Thursday, April 13, 2017

Another lap

Never worry about anything.
But
in every situation
let God know what you need in prayers and requests...
Philippians 4: 6 GW

The alternative to worry is prayer.  Instead of worrying, I will pray.  As I studied, it came to my attention that prayer is not the hard part.  The hard part is to pray in every situation, while giving thanks.

Today...in every situation...
I reviewed "my first lap" list and something was missing.  I thought about "it", but didn't write it.  I left it off because this "thing" is a natural part of life.  It's not the kind of "thing" you take to God because He already allowed it, His will was done.  As a faithful daughter of our Heavenly Father, I must go through. I'm not the first, not the only one, and I won't be the last.  But I am challenged by three words, in every situation.  

While typing my true, but faulty thinking, I was convicted.  The Holy Spirit revealed how the words above starting with, "I left it off..." were an example of me winding myself in worry.  Just like the illustration I so love to share...I am, going in circles, saying/thinking one thing, but demonstrating disobedience and a lack of trust.  

God asked me:
How are you going to face your Jericho(s) if you don't face your fears?
How are you going to knock the walls of your Jericho(s) down if you are too heavy for the journey...stuffing, hiding, holding on to things you weren't meant to hold on to and are not equipped to carry anyway?

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment