Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Your first lap

Never worry about anything.
But...
Philippians 4: 6 GW

The use of but provides or submits an alternative action (i.e., Instead of this action, I can..., or In place of this behavior, I will...).  I have a substitute for worry. As much as I may say or feel as though I can't help myself, it is a choice. The enemy would have me think differently, but the bottom line is God says (the word of God is alive, active and full of power) never worry about anything.  

If I believe in Him, I must believe His word and walk IN it.  I'll never forget the illustration a pastor gave for worry.  He turned in circles repeatedly and said worry was like winding yourself around something in one spot.  He circled aimlessly, illustrating how we get wrapped up and held captive by our problems. God wants us free.  In fact, Jesus died for our freedom and whom the Son set free is free indeed.

God gave me a powerful picture of what He wants us to do with our worries and concerns, anything causing us anxiety.

The Lord said to Joshua, “I am about to hand Jericho, its king, and its warriors over to you.  All the soldiers will march around the city once a day for six days.  Seven priests will carry rams’ horns ahead of the ark. But on the seventh day you must march around the city seven times while the priests blow their horns.  When you hear a long blast on the horn, all the troops must shout very loudly. The wall around the city will collapse. Then the troops must charge straight ahead into the city.”  Joshua 6: 2-5 GW

I believe God is telling us, just as He told Joshua...go face your issue or problem. But instead of you being consumed by it, you intimidate it. What's your Jericho?  What did you write on your list, yesterday?  I'll be honest, my list was in my head until writing it down 5 minutes ago.  But yesterday after each "thing" I faced and finished, I said "never worry" and I praised.  After God's enlightenment of Joshua walking around Jericho, I realize the list was my first lap around my Jericho(s).

God says...Walk around it, yell at it, sing songs of praise and worship around it, and watch the walls collapse, in Jesus' name!  We may not always feel like warriors, but because of our Father, we have resurrection power living within us!

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment