Never worry about anything.
But in every situation let God know what you need in prayers and requests while giving thanks.
Then God’s peace, which goes beyond anything we can imagine,
will guard your thoughts and emotions through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4: 6-7 GW
Monday mornings are special, a new work week begins for many of us.
I laid in bed a little longer and thought. I thought about how fast the weekend went and how I spent my time spent. I thought about the struggles and triumphs of last week, along with my desire to do better. I thought about my To Do List for this week. I asked God for His word to share and He gave me, "Never worry about anything."
Never worry about anything (let's call her NW) is a faithful and dear friend to me, my bff. I met her in my mid twenties. I wasn't worried about any particular thing because I worried about everything. Thankfully, I became acquainted with a sister at work and we began studying God's word together on Tuesday nights. At some point, she gave me a gift. It was NW, in a small frame. I kept this gift by my bed well into my 40s.
NW is my bff because she holds me accountable. She knows me well, yet stands firm...she tells me not to worry about anything PERIOD. She allows me no loop holes and refuses to cosign my nonsense. She'll listen to my concerns, then remind me to never worry about anything. She's seen me through wonderful times and some tough times. NW has remained my bff when others have not been friends and when I've not been a friend. There were times I'd look at her and act like I didn't see her, but she remained faithful. I don't abandon her anymore, but sometimes she gets on my nerves because no matter what I say, she counters, Never worry about anything. She's one of my best friends forever.
Along with giving me Philippians 4:6-7 this morning, I felt God prompting me to make a list of my concerns. When worry and anxiety rear their ugly heads, my bff will be right there reminding me not to worry about anything. I'm considering writing NW next to each concern.
I encourage you to consider a list for yourself and identify your bffs.
God bless you.
No comments:
Post a Comment